Thursday, September 06, 2007

YIPEE!!!

Something special happened while I was on vacation. (no, Tattoo Boyfriend did NOT pop the question, sorry, that will be a long time coming as he told Peter Beagle).

The winners of the Hill Country Yarn Sock Pattern Contest (round 1) were announced. Congrats to Holly and Tyler who won first and second respectively!





And I won third!!! *dances about* this is the first pattern I have ever submitted anywhere. I have to say I am super pleased with these socks.

These are toe up with a short row heel (because that's how I roll). They have a main stitch panel with side panels of ribbing. This creates a pretty dense fabric, so it is a nice warm and cuddly sock, but it isn't so dense that you don't want to wear them under your favorite show-off-your-hand-knit-socks shoes. These will be part of the Hill Country Yarn Sock Club packages, but at some point they will probably release the pattern. I don't know. Anyway.

The details:

Yarn: Hill Country Yarn Instant Gratification in Hot Fuscia

Needles: Size 5 Addi Turbos (magic loop used)

Pattern: Available at Hill Country Yarns

How they came to be: I wanted something that reflected the yarn and the yarn company. I thought and thought and thought. And then I came across this stitch pattern. It didn't do it for me. Then another. Nope. then another. Not yet. Then this one. And as I knit it evolved into something altogether different then what I thought it would be in the beginning. I love them and I can't wait to wear my pair in sock weather!!!


3 comments:

Autumn said...

Congrats!!!

Diane said...

Congratulations! I'm a similar sock knitter - toe up and short row only, so I can't wait to get a hold of this pattern! And on larger needles too! How much better can it get!

Hopefully this will provide the incentive to design and submit more sock patterns!

YOU GO GIRL!

Tyler said...

Yay I'm glad to see a fellow winner's socks! I like them by the way. I was the one who won with the freaking tiney yarn. But there's a lot of yarn left over with my pattern, so I guess you could make knee highs. Good job though! Reap the rewards! I already did!