Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Charlotte Knitting Meetup

Went to my first Charlotte Knitting Meetup today at the Borders at Northlake mall. I was a little nervous because I have been saying I was going to go, but haven't made it there yet. And, let's face it, I am not great at meeting new people. But Brian convinced me by saying at least we have knitting in common.

I had a blast. the time FLEW by. While at Borders I snagged a copy of Knitting Nature by Nora Gaughan. Let me tell you this book is FANTASTIC!!! There are at least 20 things I want to knit in it. And because I shop at Borders SOOOOO much, I earned a personal shopping day today and redeemed a personal shopping day (I bought some other books, too). Really Borders is a fantastic deal if you are buying books at full price - you earn $$ for Holiday Shopping and if you spend $50 in a month you get 10% off for a whole day no matter how much you shop. For me, it is the most sensible way to buy those expensive knitting books. Yes, I love my LYS, and yes they have a great program, too, but their selection is a bit more limited.

So, yeah. Work on the secret knitting project continues. I am looking forward to maybe finishing up a couple little things to get some projects off the table and maybe some other new fun projects along the way!

No comments: