Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Seriously Ugly

My Knitpicks Options Needles arrived today. I immediately cast on the swatch for the Mystery Stole 3 project on them as they go down to a 4. I am pleased with the fabric and the way they knit.

Now, if only I was farther along on this sock project and the Mystery Stole was already on the needles.

Where is the swatch you ask? Well, i need to block it, but chances are you won't see it? Why? *sigh* well, I have to admit that I committed a cardinal sin in the middle of it. Yes, I stopped. The first time was at a natural stopping point. Although I was experimenting with beading so there was a bit of an issue, up to that point it was decent. Then, I picked it up for the last 8 rows of lace. Midway through my mother called. I answered. Oops. I never recovered. So yeah. that last section I was going to do was abandoned for the garter stitch border. Really a lace swatch is just to figure out the drape and density of the fabric. Other than that, this may be the worst swatch EVER.

Thinking about teaching a lace class soon. Local Interest???

No comments: