Wednesday, June 13, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Well, Christi is doing this WIP Wednesday (along with Yarn PrOn Fridays and Handspun Mondays which I will participate in on occassion...ok - I plan to participate in Handspun Mondays) and because I like the sheep, well, I am following along. So, here are the current (re:active) WIPs. From closest to being done to farthest. Excuse the craptastic pics - its raining outside and the 3 mins of sunlight we had today...well, I was on a conference call.

First we have the pinwheel sweater. I finished the alternate color loop edge this afternoon - would have last night but I ran out of gray at knitting last night, so I finshed up the pink and finished the last few gray loops after work today. All that is left are the sleeves. See those green lines, the sleeves go there.

Pretty, isn't it. Next, we have the Lacey Lamb Shawl knit from Jade Sapphire's Lacey Lamb in this weird green. I am knitting this as a sample for Charlotte Yarn, so I didn't pick the color. I have to say that the yarn is SUPER soft. I mean I really want to roll around in it. Right now I am just over half way finished with it.

Did I mention that the yarn is super soft and I want to roll around on it? Yeah. Well, it is knit on size 9 needles with the yarn held double.

Next up is the Candleflame Shawl. I have had this one in my bag and haven't looked at it in awhile. Not really that long, but its been a bit. So when I pulled it out, I was amazed at how much I really really liked it and want to get back to it. Again, not a color that I would want, but it isn't for me. And the color is growing on me. I really like the way the pattern looks in the Elsebeth Levold Silky Wool which is a fingerine weight and the specified yarn is lace weight. But I am really loving it.
And now...its the Bellocq Stocking Collection....FOOTIES. I have the feet done on both of these. I figure these will be done around the turn of the next century, but since I just started them a few weeks ago, they are active :) From this angle, you can't really see the lace vine pattern, but it is there and I think it is grand. This features a short row toe and heel. We like.


So - that's it for this week. I am hoping to get some real work done on the Lacey Lamb this week. I jumped from about 20% to over 50% since this weekend after not touching it and I am working on a couple repeats every day ... at least.
What are you working on???



1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Woo Hoo! I'm behind on my blogroll (blame Ravelry and Websense) and just now saw that you're joining in on WiP Wednesday! Woo Hoo! The Belloq stockings are looking wonderful! I so want the adult version of that pinwheel jacket, but I don't want to knit it. I did the pinwheel baby blanket and was ready to cry by the end I was so bored.