Thursday, June 14, 2007

I am pretty sure some crack was smoked...

I just realized that I am almost out of the Jade Sapphire Lacey Lamb yarn. This is supposed to be a one skein project. It calls for 72 pattern repeats. I am at 45. See the problem here? There is no way I am going to get another 30 pattern repeats out of this yarn. MAYBE 10 more. OK - more like 2. I just measured the preblocked piece as it is right now and it is 32" in its natural state. There are no blocking sizes on the pattern. Width is 25". I followed the pattern exactly. If I had to do it again I would take out a pattern repeat or two in the width. I think when I block it it will end up about 45" long with the added rows since stretching it not to much gives me 43". So - almost done with this. I should be able to block it this weekend at this rate. GO ME!!! I will note these things in the pattern for the shop so people don't worry. I mean even I went "WHA????" when I looked at the skein. I am so much closer to being finished then I thought I was. And that makes me a happy happy knitter.

Other issues with this pattern. There are no guage guides, no needles called for. It says to double the yarn and go up a needle size for loser and down for tighter. yeah. that is sooooo specific. I am doing this on 9s only because well I am. no real reason. 2 strands together and that is what Remi CO when she started it. Granted, I frogged it 3 times since then, but that isn't the point, I am happy with the guage.

No comments: