Monday, December 03, 2007

Jester

My awesome secret pal sent some roving to me over the summer. I had it spun up in July and finished the last of it in October, but I just got around to plying it on Saturday.
Jester Handspun 001
Approx 200 yards (a little overspun in a couple places)
Jester Handspun 002
14 WPI
Jester Handspun 005
JP Kopek roving blend of several wools (the tag is downstairs and really we are lucky I still have it at the point) in the Jester Colorway.
Jester Handspun 004
This is not something I would have picked up for myself, but I LOVE the way the colors spun! I am more of a pink/purple girl, so the oranges and blues were just fun to work with!
Jester Handspun 003
The colors just POP!

And you should never underestimate the power of knitters to get things done.
Never Underestimate
Yesterday I stained my niddy noddy. There wasn't anything really to put it on to dry, so Cristi rigged this - 2 ziploc containers taped together. The bottom one is filled with rice to that dowels will sit in them and hold up the pieces while they dry.

4 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

I am nothing if not ingenious! Hee! The handspun looks great!

Hockey Mom said...

Very very beautiful!

Zonda said...

It is beautiful!! Hehe..love the holder too!

TURBOchic said...

Jester is soooo gorgeous! I am coveting it right now.