Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pretty in Pink

Sweet baby niece needs Christmas. And while I am bah humbugging my way through the season, she is only 2 and needs prezzies! So....

Crown

I knit her the Make Believe Crown from Interweave Knits. Its available for free from Knitting Daily now.

Crown 2

This is a super quick and easy knit. But it wasn't what I started on. Nope.

Slippers

These are Twinkle Toes from Knitty. Little tiny ballet slippers complete with knitted ties!

Slippers 2

The pattern is written in sizes from Toddler to adult, so you can knit your own ballet slippers if you would like. These took no time at all!

Patterns: Make Believe Crown from Interweave Knits and Twinkle Toes from Knitty.
Yarn: Patons Katrina in Blossom. Less than 1 ball. (Thank you to Jane Prater for gifting this yarn to me awhile back!)
Needles: Twinkle Toes: Knit Picks Options in size 5. Crown: Knit Picks Options 5s and Clover DPNs also in 5s.
Sizes made: Toddler and 15"
Started: December 8
Finished: December 9
Thanks to my special model. A doll made by my great-grandmother on my mom's side!

Crown and Slippers

I think my niece will be adorable in these!

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

They look great! What a cute crown. She'll be a very pretty ballerina princess. What every little girl wants to be.

Zonda said...

Oh I love that crown and those twinkle toes!! Hey, are you sure you can part with that pink crown now! ;)