Wednesday, July 25, 2007

WIP Wednesday - both more and less than expected

With the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) on Friday, a second trip to the eye doctor for a "dislodged" contact lens AND about 4 million other things, I got both more and less knitting done than I planned.

First, I got less done on the Mystery Stole then I planned. This is the end of Clue 2 which I finished up on Friday afternoon. Then I headed over to Cristi's and worked to about halfway through Clue 3. The lower pink lifeline is the end of Clue 2 - so I made some progress, just not as much as I would have liked. Especially since I haven't touched it since.

I headed to the Harry Potter release over at Borders and took my Elizabeth Bennett Cabled Cardigan with me. It has grown quite a bit in the last week...it was barely more than a collar last week and now it is almost ready to have the sleeves become their own little projects. I think I will be altering this pattern and knitting the sleeves in the round. Sadly, though, the Cardigan got too heavy to carry in my purse and I struggled with it at Harry Potter when I was standing in line. While I was sitting in the comfy chair, it was no big deal, but in line it was a pain. Never fear, my Yarn Pirate Yarn in Rum Runner (month one of the Yarn Pirate Booty Club) had arrived and it was talking to me. So, it was Cast On Saturday and I took it with me to Charlotte Yarn (more on why tomorrow). Sock one is done, sock 2 is on it's way. I apparently have the honor of having the first completed Rum Runner sock according to the Ravelry and Flickr groups (if there is another - I would LOVE to see it!!!) This yarn absolutely spoke to me and made me knit it. No really, it did. It talked to me all day Friday and I had to work with it. Look at how pretty that short row heel is!!! *squees*

1 comment:

SerineKat said...

I just wanted to leave you a note and let you know how much I am enjoying your podcast! I also host my own knitting podcast and was doing 'market research' when I found yours. There are lots of good podcasts out there but yours has a spark that keeps me listening. I love your personality, stories and rhythm. Out of all the knitting shows out there yours is the only one I've listened to all the shows and actually took notes! Your book reviews are the best and your spinning talk is inspiring me more and more to take up spinning.
Thank you so much!
Serinekat
Serinekat @ gmail . com