Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WIPs strike again!!!!

Yeah - I had a bit of startitis last week. If you were watching my sidebar closely you noticed this ... it's a bird, it's a plane, its a TOMATO!!! I will post all the pattern modifications I am making once I finish. There are several. Some are more creative than others. So, I cast it on last Tuesday night and have plowed right through it - much to the sadness of my 300 other WIPs, like the Pinwheel.
The pinwheel now has 1 1/2 sleeves. The end is near and Danielle will send us pics of her wearing it. Yes, in the summer. Because while it is 100,000 degrees in California right now, my sweet D is still cold.

Speaking of it being hot. It is damn hot in Charlotte right now. if you look in the top right corner of the pinwheel picture you will see that all of my grass is dead. However, we have gotten some summer showers, so my bushes and that one little purple flowering plant look great. Well, that and Miss Lilly, my lovely next door neighbor, waters my plants when she waters hers. She is the best neighbor ever. I was sad when I heard she was selling her place.

Anyway, back to the WIPs...

I am knitting the Mystery. Mystery Stole 3 that is. I haven't put a lot of time into it, so I am not quite through clue 1. I am going to try to work on it tonight, but the Tomato has been calling me to finish it so I can wear it and since there are 7 clues in the mystery, I have time to catch up.

These are the only active WIPs I have. Although Cristi challenged me to finish the Mariposa I started 2 summers ago. All I have left it to sew on the straps. No, really. I just haven't done it. The knitting has been done since the Summer of 2005. As was one seam. Seam 2 was done last summer. This is the summer I finish it!

Tomorrow I have a funny pic of the kittehs for you which I took earlier this week. Or a finished Tomato. One never knows.

No comments: